Wednesday, July 22, 2009

real-time accomplishments

Here's an idea: What if we spent more time identifying positive steps we are already taking?

So often, I look to the future in the hope that I will produce brand-new positive habits. This is good, but I also think I might have something to gain from reviewing my day and observing what I am already doing well.

Today was a classic case of over-work in my life. I stayed at the office much later than my goal, tending to this and that. However, here's a list of things I did well:
-I focused on one task at a time.
-I included fresh fruits on my grocery list, which I am about to enjoy.
-I set reasonable boundaries when I needed time to myself.
-I just took some time off from the computer when my cat informed me that it was time to cuddle.

What did you do well today? Whether it was an accomplished goal, or a healthful action that you took automatically, congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment